The AXAGON ADA-71 SOUNDbox external 7.1-channel USB sound card extends the PC with surround sound and a host of audio inputs and outputs.
It allows you to connect 7.1, 5.1, 4.0, 2.1 or 2.0 stereo speakers as well as stereo headphones or stereo microphones.
In addition, it includes both analog line-in and digital optical and coaxial inputs for recording an external signal from music instruments or DVD players. The digital optical or coaxial output then allows you to connect to the amplifier.
Using sophisticated Xear 3D software, you can fine tune surround effects, equalizer, or Karaoke effects.
• 8-channel analog 16-bit output (4 x 3.5 mm stereo jack):
1. Centre / sub-woofer output,
2. Left / right side speaker output,
3. Left / right side speaker output, stereo output for speakers at 2-channel configuration,
4. Left / right side rear speaker output,
• 2-channel analog 16-bit headphone output (1 x 6.3 mm stereo jack + 1 x 3.5 mm stereo jack),
• One digital S/PDIF optical output with Toslink connector and one digital S/PDIF coaxial output with RCA connector to connect the adapter to the amplifier, AC3 pass-through support.
Sampling rate, resolution and output converter (DAC) noise:
• Analog - 44.1 / 48 kHz @ 16 bit for playback,
• Signal-to-Noise ratio (Output SNR) ≥ 96dB,
• Harmonic distortion (Output THD + N) ≤ -88dB / ≤ 0.0056 % (20 Hz ~ 20 kHz).
• Stereo microphone 16-bit input (2 x 3.5 mm mono jack),
• 2-channel analog 16-bit line-in input (3.5 mm stereo jack) for analog signal recording,
• One digital S/PDIF optical input with Toslink connector and one digital S/PDIF coaxial input with RCA connector for digital signal recording.
Sampling rate, resolution and input converter (ADC) noise:
• Analog - 44.1 / 48 kHz @ 16 bit for recording,
• Signal-to-Noise ratio (Input SNR) ≥ 88dB,
• Harmonic distortion (Input THD+N) ≤ -82dB / ≤ 0.008 % (20 Hz ~ 20 kHz).
Button and indicators:
• MUTE button to turn off the microphone,
• LED indication of the microphone off,
• MUTE button to turn off the system sound,
• two buttons for controlling the system sound volume,
• LED indicating the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• USB 2.0 full speed 12 Mbit/s and USB 1.1 compatible interface.
• Connection via USB 2.0 mini B female connector.
• A 1 m long USB 2.0 cable USB Type A male / USB mini B male is included.
• Simultaneous full-duplex recording and playback.
• Easy to install thanks to full Plug and Play support.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Supports SCMS (Serial Copy Management System).
• Complies with IEC60958 specification.
• Dolby digital audio streaming using digital S/PDIF output.
• Adapter power supply via USB (bus power) - no auxiliary power supply required.
• Dimensions 142 x 92.5 x 28.5 mm.
• Weight 158 g (without cable).
• The CMedia CM6206 chipset was used.
The Xear 3D software allows:
• setting the equalizer (10-band equalizer, 12 preset modes),
• adjusting the volume of recording and playback (adjustable volume of each speaker from + 12db to -96db),
• adjusting the shift of speakers (Speaker Shifter),
• choosing the type and size of the sounded environment (27 effects - concert hall, music club, room ..., 3 room sizes),
• Karaoke effect settings (reverb, pitch change, vocal removal),
• setting the surround sound simulation on two speakers.
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32 and 64-bit Windows OS versions).
• Note: Basic drivers are included with supported operating systems and are installed completely automatically.
• Caution: To use multichannel audio and digital optical output, you need to install the Xear3D sotware that can be downloaded from the product support tab.
• USB 7.1 audio adapter,
• USB cable 1 m long,
• a multilingual manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box.