Universal external AXAGON EEM2-SG2 RAW box with USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface is designed for M.2 NVMe or SATA SSD disks. The double-sided USB-C connector on the box enables a reliable connection. The package includes not only a USB-C -> USB-C cable for connecting the box to a computer, but also a USB-C -> USB-A adapter. You can connect the box to any free USB port on the notebook.
The second generation of fast USB interface allows you to enjoy the speed of modern M.2 SSD drives. The transmission rate is up to 10Gb/s thanks to the fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface. The external M.2 box also supports other modern functions, e.g. UASP, TRIM and allows reading S.M.A.R.T. information that monitors the status of the disk. Standby support when idle.
A unique feature, thanks to the new chipset, is the possibility of using both M.2 NVMe and SATA disks. You don't have to think about what type of M.2 disk you put in the box. The advantage is the attachment of three different lengths of SSD cards - 42, 60 and 80 mm. M.2 cards can be single-sided or double-sided. The box does not limit the capacity of inserted SSD.
Screwless box opening facilitates assembly and disassembly of the M.2 SSD disk. Disk replacement is quick and easy, thus expanding the possibilities of using the box, e.g. for data migration, testing, etc. The outer metal housing is made in titanium silver colour with an elegant brushed finish that prevents unwanted fingerprints. The rounded box design promises pleasant use.
The aluminum box body, cooling holes and thermal conductive pad provides very good cooling of the inserted M.2 SSD disk. This extends its service life and also prevents the disk from slowing down, so-called "Thermal Throttling".
By inserting the M.2 SSD in the box, you will easily create fast compact external disk. The box can be used with computers and notebooks, as well as with mobile phones and tablets.
• USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen 2) SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps.
• Speed up to 10 Gbit/s.
• Connection via reversible USB type C female connector.
• NMVe M.2 SSD disks,
• SATA M.2 SSD disks,
• designed for M key and B+M key card formats,
• NGFF 75-pin M key slot for M.2 drives.
• Compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2, backward compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0), USB 2.0.
• Supports transmission rates 10 000 / 5 000 / 480 Mbit/s (SuperSpeed+ / SuperSpeed / HighSpeed).
• Support of M key or B+M key NVMe (PCI-Express) and SATA (AHCI) M.2 SSDs without maximum capacity limitation.
• Support of M.2 drives with a size of 2242, 2260, 2280 mm.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 SSDs.
• Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.1a specification.
• Compliant with NVM Express 1.3 specification.
• Compliant with Serial ATA 3.2 specification (SATA/600), bit rates of up to 6 Gb/s (600 MB/s).
• Compliant with USB Mass Storage Class specification.
• The total box bandwidth / transmission rate is determined by the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface used (theoretically up to 10 Gbit/s).
• The real box bandwidth / transmission rate is about 1000 MB/s (1 GB/s), it is given by the limits of the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface.
• Supports BOT (Bulk-Only Transport).
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI) for faster data transmission in Windows 8 and later.
• Supports TRIM functionality to limit gradual degradation of the SSD performance over time.
• Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) system monitoring disk condition.
• SSD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Standby support - Drive asleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.
• Power supply via USB 3.0 bus up to 900mA from one USB port is sufficient in all cases.
• A decent blue LED indicating the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Heavy-duty aluminium body, cooling holes and thermal conductive pad helps to cool the M.2 SSD disk.
• Higher box surface temperature is not a defect - thanks to the aluminum body, the heat generated by the disk operation is better drained and transferred to the environment.
• Connection via USB 3.2 Gen 2 type C female connector.
• USB Type C male / USB Type C male cable 20 cm long and USB type C female / USB type A male adapter are included.
• External box dimensions 94 x 41 x 10 mm.
• External box weight 35 g (without USB cable and M.2 SSD disk).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019 and later (all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions are supported), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and higher, Android (OS and device support required).
• Note: when Windows 7 used it is necessary to check OS support and driver availability with the M.2 SSD manufacturer.
• USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 combined external box for SATA M.2 SSD,
• USB-C -> USB- C cable 20 cm long,
• USB-C -> USB-A adapter,
• 1 thermal conductive pad,
• mounting material,
• multilingual guide CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box with a hanging hole.