The internal AXAGON PCEM2-D adapter allows to connect as many as two M.2 SSD to a desktop. So, it is an ideal choice for upgrading a desktop computer that has no M.2 slot.
The adapter supports the use of both one-sided and double-sided SATA and NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSDs. The reduction does not limit SSD capacity, and any M.2 cards with a length up to 110 mm can be used. The simultaneous operation of both disks is commonplace.
Thanks to PCI-Express interface compatible with x4, x8 and x16 slots, a maximum transmission rates can be achieved. When compared to standard SATA SSDs, bit rates of NVMe SSDs are many times higher.
The high quality card design, including copper-plated vents, assists in a better dissipation of heat generated during the M.2 SSDs operation.
Double LEDs indicate either power on or data transfer in the M.2 slot.
The package also contains a low profile bracket for mounting the adapter into low profile cases.
• PCI-Express interface compatible version PCI-Express: 4.0 / 3.0 / 2.1 / 2.0 / 1.1 / 1.0a.
• Number of 4-Lane lines, compatible with x4 / x8 / x16 PCIe slots.
• SATA connector to connect the motherboard when a SATA M.2 SSD is used. To achieve the best possible bit rates, the use of a SATA 6G controller is recommended.
• NGFF 75-pin M-key slot to install the NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSDs.
• NGFF 75-pin B-key slot to install the SATA (AHCI) M.2 SSDs
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Support of M.2 disks of any size - 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 mm.
• Support of M.2 disks of any capacity.
• Simultaneous operation of both disks.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 disks.
• A better dissipation of heat from M.2 SSDs thanks to copper-plated vents.
• Support of booting from SSD cards.
• Dimensions 142 x 64 x 12 mm.
• Weight 46 g.
• No drivers need to be installed.
• Note: CAUTION! The adapter allows to insert B+M-key disks in both M.2 slots. It is important to check the disk parameters, i.e. to make sure whether the disk is designed for SATA or NVMe (PCI Express) interface, and to connect it to the right slot. SATA drives are pluged into the B-key slot, NVMe drives are pluged into the M-key slot.
• The adapter is directly supplied from PCI-Express bus; no external power supply is needed.
• The system of dual power supply ensures a sufficient power for connected M.2 SSDs.
• In addition, the system of redundant power supply reduces the adapter thermal load.
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 /11, Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016 (all 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions of OS Windows are supported), Linux with kernel 2.6.31 and higher.
• Note: When operating under Windows 7, contact the manufacturer of the M.2 SSD to find whether this OS is supported, especially when NVMe disks are used.
• PCI-Express adapter with a standard bracket,
• low profile bracket,
• 2 pcs. thermally conductive pads,
• SATA data cable 50 cm long,
• mounting material and a screwdriver,
• printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box.