The compact AXAGON ADE-XR adapter easily converts USB 2.0 port to Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbit port.
The network card offers a wide compatibility and also full range of features like IPv4/IPv6 checksum engine to reduce CPU loading, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload, various modes of the Wake-on-LAN feature or advanced Power Management features.
In modern operating systems like Windows 8.1 and above, the USB adapter allows easy automatic installation without need for an Internet connection.
The USB Ethernet adapter easily extends your computer by the missing RJ-45 network connector, adds another network card or replaces the original broken network connection.
The support for all current versions of Windows, Mac OS X, Linux allows it to be used for any desktop computer, laptop or ultrabook. This adapter with a suitable reduction* also allows the internet connection via an Ethernet cable for some Android phones and tablets.
• USB 2.0 interface, backward compatible with USB 1.1.
• Supports transmission rates 480 / 12 / 1.5 Mbit/s (high / full / low speed).
• USB 2.0 connector type A male on 5 cm long permanently attached cable.
• Ethernet interface with RJ-45 connector for UTP or STP cable connection.
• Supported transmission rates for the Ethernet interface 10/100 Mb/s.
• Supported IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX specifications.
• 10/100 Mb/s auto-detection.
• Supports Microsoft NDIS5, NDIS6 Checksum Offload (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP) to reduce processor load.
• Supports Segmentation Task-offload (Large send v1 a Large send v2).
• Supports full-duplex transmissions with IEEE 802.3x flow control.
• Supports IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 priority encoding.
• Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging.
• Supports IEEE 802.3az-2010 (EEE) Energy Efficient Ethernet - reduce power consumption at rest.
• Supports Auto MDI/MDIX - crossover detection and auto-correction eliminate the need for crossover cables.
• Supports hardware Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) to detect transmission errors.
• Supports Pair Swap/Polarity/Skew Correction.
• Full Plug and Play and Hot Plug support.
• Supports CDC-ECM – to automatically install drivers across different OS.
• Adapter power supply via USB (bus power) - no auxiliary power supply required.
• 3x LED for indicating network activity. 100Mbit link and transmission mode and connecting the adapter to USB.
• Dimensions 72 x 27 x 16.5 mm, USB cable length 5 cm, weight incl. USB cable 23 g.
• The Realtek RTL8152 chipset is used.
Supports Wake-on-LAN feature in different modes:
• Supports sleep mode and remote wake up via AMD Magic packet, Microsoft Wakeup Frame, Microsoft Wake Packet Detection and also Link Change wake-up.
• Supports ECMA-393 proxZzzy® standard for sleeping hosts to manage the network connection of sleeping guests using proxy servers.
• RealWoW! technology support allows remote wake up over the Internet.
Advanced Power Management features:
The adapter supports advanced power management to reduce losses during standby or light traffic on the network. It further supports advanced power saving when the Ethernet cable has been disconnected.
• Supports Advanced Configuration Power management Interface (ACPI).
• Supports Power Management offload (ARP & NS).
• Supports Microsoft Always On Always Connected (AOAC).
• Supports Intel Converged Platform Power Management (CPPM).
• Supports Link Power Management (LPM).
• Supports Operating System-directed Power Management (OSPM).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32- and 64-bit versions of OS Windows), Mac OS X 10.6 and higher, Linux kernel 2.6.x and above, Android most versions.
WARNING - check with the Android device manufacturer if the Ethernet connection is supported.
• USB - Ethernet adapter with a 5 cm long permanently attached cable,
• printed installation guide in CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• a cardboard box with an option to be hanged on the retail display stands.
* For devices with micro USB connector we recommend OTG adapter, for devices with USB-C connector we recommend USB-C> USB-A adapter. e.g AXAGON RUCM-AFA.