Compact travel desktop smart card / ID card reader AXAGON CRE-SMP2A PocketReader with USB 2.0 interface includes additional slots for SD, microSD and SIM cards. The card reader supports all common contact smart card formats, chip cards and other cards, including contact bank payment cards or contact electronic ID cards *. The reader is compatible with most national applications for eID (electronic ID cards).
Thanks to the SIM card slot including SIM management software, SD and microSD card slots, the reader can also be used for backup and data transfer.
Compatibility with all common OS such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Android, allows wide use on desktops and laptops as well as phones and tablets. The package also includes a USB-C <-> USB-A adapter for connecting to devices with a USB-C connector. The rotating cap helps protect the USB-A connector. The compact design and high-quality manufacturing make this reader one of the smallest combined Smart card and memory card readers on the market.
• USB 2.0 CCID protocol.
• Backward compatible with USB 1.1.
• Connection to computer via USB 2.0 type A male connector.
• Connection to a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector thanks to the USB-C <-> USB-A adapter.
• For connection to a phone with a micro USB connector, we recommend an OTG reduction micro USB <-> USB-A.
• Four-slot reader with support for the following formats:
• Smart Card slot supports ATM / CAC / ID / IC / SIS contact cards,
• Micro SD slot supports microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC / TransFlash cards,
• SD slot supports SecureDigital / SDHC / SDXC, MultiMedia Card, MMC 4.0, MMC Dual Voltage, MMC mobile, RS-MMC, with adapter miniSD, miniSDHC, MMC Micro cards
• SIM slot supports standard size SIM cards (microSIM and nanoSIM with the appropriate adapter).
Smart card specification support:
• Supports ISO 7816 Class A, B and C contact Smart cards (5V, 3V and 1.8V).
• Supports ISO 7816, EMV 4.1 (EMV 2000 level 1) standards.
• Supports protocols T=0 and T=1, I2C, SLE 4432/42 (S=10), SLE 4418/28 (S=9).
• PC/SC 2.0 PC Smart Card standard support.
• Microsoft Smart Card for Windows support.
• Supports I2C cards SLE4418, SLE4428, SLE4432, SLE4442, SLE4436, SLE5536, SLE6636, AT88SC1608, AT45D041.
• Microsoft WHQL USB Smart Card Reader compliant.
• FIPS 201 standard compliant.
Supports flash card specifications:
• SD 1.0/1.1 (SD - Secure Digital, up to 2GB) standard compliant.
• SD 2.0 (SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity, up to 32GB) standard compliant.
• SD 3.0 (SDXC - Secure Digital eXtended Capacity, up to 2TB) standard compliant.
• MMC a eMMC 3.x/4.0/4.1/4.2 standard compliant.
• Microsoft USB-CCID driver compatible.
• Plug and Play support.
• Allows the use of SIM and microSD slot at the same time.
• SW SIMedit for editing and backing up contacts can be downloaded from the product support tab at www.axagon.eu.
• Smart card insertion detection.
• Standby support, automatic standby mode.
• Reader power via USB bus (bus-power).
• A LED indicates computer USB port connection (steady) and data transfer (flashing).
• Dimensions 80 x 30 x 15 mm.
• Weight 20 g.
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019 / 2022 and later (supported are all 32- and 64-bit Windows OS versions), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.4.x and higher, Android 8 and above.
* Note: The reader only supports contact cards that have visible contacts on the surface. The card without contacts is therefore RFID and cannot be used in the reader.
• USB Smart Card Reader,
• USB-C <> USB-A adapter,
• multilingual guide CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box with a hanging hole.